Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 9 - Wash clothes in cold water

I've always been a hot wash type. The last three days are a good example of why. On Thursday I shot a video outdoors in dirt and sand in the 100 degree humid weather and today I had a softball game in 95 degree weather. I came home both days clothes filthy and drenched in sweat. My father had always washed our clothes in HOT water to get out the grime, and when I left the nest I continued. Well, yesterday I went to the laundromat (our washer and dryer are in the house I built that the city won't let us live in because it doesn't meet the minimum square foot requirements. But that's for another day) and washed 4 loads of dirty laundry in cold water to save on the gas to heat the water. Success, no difference, clean clothes. Get on this people. And yes I know, I should have been doing this for years.

1 comment:

  1. The Portales, New Mexico and The Minnesota Boese's have been washing in cold water since 1985.
    Way to go! Join the ranks of the Green Washing Boese's!
    Now, we just need to learn to recycle better.

    ReplyDelete