Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 10 - Less toilet water


Yesterday was one of those Saturdays I love. Wake up, play some softball, do a whole bunch of green-living research at the library. I then started typing up a list of possible future changes (I'm up to over 200). Afterward I attended the Jacksonville 48 hour film project awards ceremony. The show was well done for the most part, just quite pricy for the entry fee. So, all of that was fun, but when I got home at nearly 11pm, I still didn't have a daily green change implemented. Since I had forgotten about placing bricks in the toilet tank to reduce the amount of water used per flush (for #2. No flushing for #1), I was waiting until I had a gallon water jug to fill the empty space inside my tank. Well, got it, and here goes. I am now not only saving 3.4 gallons of water per flush by not flushing pee, but my #2 is now only flushing 2.4 gallons of water, saving another gallon per. Not as good as a composting toilet (which will be coming), but a sure improvement.
I'll try to throw more photos up too, they make life a whole lot more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment